Home Forums Shameless Self-Promotion 2 launches & an art exhibition on the Canberra Writers' Festival (25-26 August)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

It’s possible I’ve been slightly overexcited by the combination of the words “Canberra”, “Writers” and “Festival”.

————————————–
      On Saturday 25 August I’ll be officially launching the art-filled story MURDER IN THE MAIL: A BLOODY BIRTHDAY.

(Yes, the one that’s already had one major mail-out and a successful Kickstarter campaign.)

Launch Day: Saturday August 25 from 3:30-5:00pm (the cafe closes at 3 so it’s just for us; the facebook event page is here)

Exhibition: Friday 24 August-Thursday 30 August.

Location: The Front cafe & gallery, 1 Wattle St Lyneham, Canberra.

You can see all the story art here. The artists include Shauna O’Meara, Jane Virgo, and Keely Van Order (Cat Sheely and Isobel Carmody are featured in the exhibit as models).

—————————

The Canberra Writers’ Festival is hosting the launch for ANTIPODEAN QUEEN 3: IRON LIGHTS from 2:45-3:15 on Sunday 26 August at Kings’ Hall in Old Parliament House.

You can now order all three novels AND the interactive story MAGIC IN THE MAIL: EMMELINE’S EMPIRE as a single pack, called the STEAM & SORCERY PACK. (There’s also a limited edition version that includes ALL my steampunk fantasy stories & interactive stories, for Google Play peeps.)

—————————–

Felicity Banks
      http://felicitybanks.wordpress.com/store

• Angus

That’s awesome Felicity!

The Front’s near my house, so I should be able to make it.

• Angus

One other thing:
      *If* I have saved up a few episodes of Murder in the mail to binge-read, will the exhibition contain spoilers? :)

• alis
      Keymaster

I’ve added the Iron Lights launch to the calendar. :)

• Felicity Banks
      Participant

Angus, all the pics are in the exhibition (plus some bonus ones!) but if you’ve seen the “Naomi’s Room” pic (by Shauna O’Meara; Week 4) then I reckon you’re safe to see the rest. Figuring them out without the context will just cause further confusion :-)

(And thank you, Alis!)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.