Note: This is a pre-order item.
“Atypical anatomies, bizarre embodiments, changelings, childbirth and other transformations – within this Body of Work are all the wonders and horrors of the human (and inhuman) form.” – J. Ashley-Smith, Shirley Jackson Award-winning author of THE MEASURE OF SORROW
A shapeshifter wakes up in a strange place.
A witch’s sibling rivalry gets out of hand.
An unusual bee begins to swarm.
BODY OF WORK gathers science fiction, fantasy, and horror from new voices and Australian luminaries, exploring the body – how we live in it, how we die in it, and how we transform it.
“A showcase of some of Australia’s most compelling voices in speculative fiction, this fascinating collection of stories examines the essential elements of our humanity, our inhumanity, and the visceral nature of transformation.” – Leife Shallcross, Aurealis Award-winning author of THE BEAST’S HEART
- A Master’s Craft – Elizabeth Pendragon
- Dance with Me – Kel E. Fox
- Death Interrupted – Pamela Jeffs
- Estrangement – Harry Liantziris
- Gallow Girls – Louise Pieper
- Growing Pains – J. Lagrimas
- Hive – C.Z. Tacks
- In the Deep Dark Woods – Seaton Kay-Smith
- Jimmy Flip Brings His Little One to Work, and It Comes My Turn to Hold It – C.H. Pearce
- Maintenance Phase – A.D. Ellicott
- Mother – Claire Fitzpatrick
- One Version of Yourself, At the Speed of Light – Freya Marske
- Persona Non Grata – Kiera Lesley
- Provenance – D.J. Goosens
- Sacculina – J.M. Voss
- Technologie Uber Alles – Geraldine Dark
- The Chittering Moon – P.S. Cottier
- The Gift Certificate – Rebecca Fraser
- This Is Sparkle Tap – Britni Pepper
- Touch – N.G. Hartland
- Under the Shade of the Coolabah Tree – Mark O’Flynn
- Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? – Valerie Y.L. Toh