Machinations: An Anthology of Ingenious Designs, edited by Chris Andrews with illustrations by Les Peterson.
Out of stock
Out of stock
Spaceships. Magical devices. Flying Machines. Instruments to probe the afterlife. Technology friendly and otherwise…
Welcome to another anthology from the Canberra Speculative Fiction Guild. Twenty speculative stories—Science Fiction, Horror, Fantasy, and nearly every conceivable mix—with some film noir thrown in for good luck.
Oh, and werewolves, of course.
Machinations is the work of 20 talented authors, editors, and illustrators from Canberra and elsewhere around Australia.
Read a report of the launch event here.
Read Kaaren Sutcliffe’s launch speech here.
Stories and authors
- “The Aldrin Vial” by Robbie Matthews
- “The Price” by Paul Ryan
- “Tantor’s Gift” by Les Petersen
- “Acid Test” by Allan Price
- “Exponent” by Antony Searle
- “Cendrillon & the Chronium Prince” by Tansy Rayner Roberts
- “Malfunction” by Stephen Thompson
- “Sir William Watson’s Pyschic-meter” by Cory Daniells
- “The Honeymoon” by Niigel Read
- “For Christ’s Sake” by Alison Venugoban
- “WWPro” by Donna Hanson
- “Overcast” by David Bofinger
- “The Manustream” by Nicole R Murphy
- “Love Machine” by Edgar Crook
- “Techgod” by Tessa Kum
- “The Wooden Guy” by Peter Frankis
- “Remembering Bathys” by Maxine McArthur
- “Adam” by Valerie YL Toh
- “Virus Wars” by Hal Judge